I’m glad to announce the third Percona Playback release – another alpha release of a new software package designed to replay database server load. The first two versions were released in April, just in time for my talk at the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo: Replaying Database Load with Percona Playback.
This is still very much under development, so there’s likely going to be bugs. Please feel free to report bugs here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/percona-playback
Percona Playback is designed to replay database load captured either in a MySQL slow query log or a tcpdump capture of the MySQL protocol exchange between client and server.
It can replay the load either as fast as possible or in accurate mode, where it tries to replay load over the same wall time as the capture.
Current Notable Limitations:
- tcpdump replay: IPv4 only
- tcpdump replay: no support for server side prepared statements
- libtbb-dev (Intel Threading Building blocks)
- boost (including boost program_options)
- libcloog-ppl (if using gcc 4.6)